Posted on October 16, 2009
During one of the bloodiest nights in HDWSBBL history, Crownstars reign as the best player the league has ever seen came to an end! It was during the Rangers 7-0 Victory against The Man Eaters when this occurred. During a match, which had already seen four other Rangers maimed or killed, Crownstar was brought to the ground by a pack of Snotlings. They then proceeded to jump on him until his team mates could get them off. Officials are currently reviewing the footage to determine which Snotling fouled him to death. Update – It was the Snotling called Dim!
At the time of his passing, Crownstar was recognised as the best player that the HDWSBBL has ever seen. For three and a bit seasons, he has defined the standard of what a Super Star is. We can only imagine how high he would have set the bar for greatness should he have continued playing.
Below are some facts and figures from this young elves amazing career. All stats are correct at time of Death.
- Top player in the leagues history with 128 SPP (thatâ€™s 4.3 SPP per game and 2.3% of the leagues total)
- Top scorer in the leagues history with 36 Touchdowns (thatâ€™s 1.2 TDs per game and 5.3% of the leagues total)
- Debuted at the start of the 2506/07 season.
- One of the founding 11 of The Loren Rangers.
- Was part of the team that won the Open Scramble 2506/07.
- Was part of the team that went to the XLVII Blood Bowl Tournament.
- Scored the most TDs in the 2506/07 season.
- Scored the most TDs in the Open Scramble 2507/08.
- Was awarded with the best player award in the Championship I.
- Was the first player to become a Star Player and a Emerging Star.
- Was the first player in the league to reach 100 SPP.
- Was the first player to score 20 Touchdowns and then the first to score 30.
- Has scored an amazing five hat tricks in his career
- Was the top scorer for the Loren Rangers
- Only missed two games in his career
- With the Loren Rangers, he qualified for a HDWSBBL Championship Tournament three times (I, II and III) and was runner up in the Open Scramble 2507/08
In addition to the above, Crownstar will be remembered for his spectacular plays on the pitch and the season defining race to be the top player with Manhunter Blitzer Moist Von Lipwig. It is safe to say that he is the best player the league has seen that has not won a player of the season award.
If you wish to pay your respects, a shire has been created by fans at The Loren Riverdome and the HDWSBBL has already received petitions to create a Hall of Fame for the single reason that Corwnstar can be indicted.
So far, no official comment has been made by the Rangers. After the match, the usually talkative Jordan Hawk had nothing to say as he left the area.
For completeness, his full statistics are below.
RIP Crownstar. 2484-2509