The meeting that took place last week, in my eyes, was a big sucess with vauled imput from all coaches who were able to attend. I apoligise if any of your games were interupted but it did show that this was a worthwhile meeting to have had. At the meeting we discussed a lot about the league, the new format, rules and other useful topics which every coach had a say in. Below is the outcome of the meeting and what has been decided.
- The new league format was agreed by all who attended and also anticipation for the upcomining season. The new format means we will only accept sixteen teams, unless another four coachscome forward with willing to play. This would mean we play an extra two matches but will not interupt the flow of the season.
- The league will be split into two conferances (The Old World Conferance (OWC) and the New World Conferance (NWC) ) with two divisions in each (North & South in the OWC and East & West in the NWC).
- Each team will play everyone in their division once (Three matches)
- Each team will play everyone in the mirrored division in the same conferance (Eg: If you are in North you will play all teams in South. Four Games).
- Each team will play four teams from the other conferance ( Two from each division).
- If you finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd you will enter the play-offs. If you finish 4th you will head to the shield knockout tournament.
- In the play-offs both divisions combine and playe one another. 2nd in North v 3rd in South and 2nd in South v 3rd in Northwill play in the Wild Card Round(Opening round) The two winners of that match will then face the 1st place teams in the Semi-Finals round. The two finalists will then face off in the Conferance final with the resulting winner being declared the Conferance Champion.
- The two Conferance Champions will then play in the Championship Super Bowl to see who wins the Championship VI and the overall king of the league.
- All team registration forms must be in by the 8th of September, with the draw taking place on the same day. The season will then commence on the 15th of September. We will be playing every other week and hopefully this time we will give you your fixtures list on the 15th when we start. Lets get all sixteen coaches playing at once!
The following section are changes to the League rules.
- All models MUST be painted, based and correctly numbered. The side of the base is prefured or you could paint it on the player. No writing on the bottom of bases or any unpainted lead or plastic.
- Star Players are now eligible to use in the league for inducements. If you are using a star player please use a good representaion of the model as well as being fully painted and based. You may use the Star Players that are in Living Rulebook 6 (Compition Rules) only. No online or made up Star Players may be used.
- You must give either Myself, Andy, Nick or Paul notice before Thursday if you cannot make the evening. If no notice is given then you forfit the match. No replays or reschedules. We must, must get the season flowing more to keep people interested. We have an spare week between matches in which to rearrange matches.
- Registration forms require your e-mail address. I plan to set up an e-mail group and e-mail everyone every week small updates, weekly fixtures as well as results and anything else that seems fit to mention.
- Match report sheets must be handed in after every match to allow us to update the webstite and your roster. You have until your next match to hand this in. Also any mercs, journeymen or star players must be noted down in which postion they played as well as skills they had and a name. This is all required.
- All rosters must be from the website. If you cannot print out the lastest roster please let either Myself or Andy know before your match and we will print one off for you. Any handwritten rosters must not be used, if you wish to tally your stats then use a paper roster but you must have a website roster with you as well.
Other announcement are as followed.
- The Team News Network is up and running awaiting all coaches to sign up and blog about their teams. If you would like to set up a blog then let Andy know and he will set it up for you. It is easy to use and will soon show the top headlines on the main website.
- If you haven’t got a roster then there will be spares in the terrian room upstairs in a box which John has kindly said he would sort out.
- It has been suggested that we run a NAF event at Huntingdon. This is an excellent idea and welcomed by most coaches. If you would like to be on the planning team then e-mail me andI will get back to you with details, jobs, etc…
- I am also currently in the planning stages of building the HDWSBBL World Stadium for finals and hopefully the NAF Tournament. So any spare bits of wood, materials, paint, plastic, models and anything else you think would be require please let me know.
Thank you again for all that attended and hopefully see you all next season for the best one yet!
(P.S – Yes the Rangers are NOT returning “Insert cheers here”)