- Duration: 15th Jan 2515 – 29th Jan 2515
- Competition(s): The Sly Sports Challenge Cup 2514/15, The Sly Sports Vase Championship 2514/15, World Series 2514/15
- Season: 2514/15 Season
Right it’s another round of games where basically everyone is just getting all of their ducks in a row for the post season by and large. What am I saying? I’m saying draws everywhere with not much in the way of a good thumping. Of course it’s not all like that, the first lot of Silverware was up for grabs, and for a second it almost looked like the Vixens might win it! – I know, I know, we couldn’t believe it either.
There’s a fair few games to get through here, so I’ll try to cover as many as I can.
Comets Vs Paladins
I’ve been singing the praises of the Pallies all year, and whilst it looks likes the Comets are going to be another one-year wonder team we sometimes get (see: Damage Inc, any Slaan team, etc) I personally think they also haven’t done too badly. Certainly they haven’t done as bad as the Ankle Biters did, whose form was so bad that they allegedly got eaten when they returned to Skavenblight. Anyway, there was a fair bit of play this game, which ended in a two-all draw with the Paladins clawing back from behind.
Brewers vs Vixens
If the Brewers managed to lose this, there was a slim chance that the Burners could have failed to get into the Shield this year. For a second the Vixens looked as if they might win it but the Brewers, whose performance has been getting ropier and ropier as the games go on, managed to secure the draw and a place in the playoffs with the Burners in the shield.
Fairy Wizards Guild Vs Mashers
I’m not really sure what happened here, best I can tell the Mashers took pity on the Fairies and let them have a win. It doesn’t make a blind bit of difference; the Fairies were shield-bound long before this point, but whatever.
Bloodjaws vs Mycean Marauders
The Mickies have had a really rough gauntlet of teams to face at the end of the season, it hasn’t helped that this new team doesn’t look likely to find its feet even now. Their coach must be wondering why they even started the team up in the first place. The fact they managed to score a TD at all, especially against a bruiser of a team like the Jaws, must be considered impressive. Oh sure, the Jaws won 2-1 but still – impressive.
Black Towers Vs Oxmoor Savages
The Towers have really cemented themselves as one of top teams of this season. Not literally of course, Undead and Cement don’t mix as well as you’d think – It’s a long story. Anyway, it was a fairly punchy game, but Towers came out on top against the Savages despite losing 3 players permanently. Time will tell if these losses will be felt in the post season but considering they have money to burn I doubt it.
Temper Bay Vs Nordringen Titans
Apparently the Mads found the time to give the Titans a drubbing. None of the Titans apparent skill they showed against the Brewers was evident here as the Mads gave them the rough manhandling, that to be fair to the Titans, they’ve been giving out to everyone else with impunity as well.
Blackburners Vs Darkfleet
The Burners will be pleased to have gotten a draw with their current run of form, and not taken any losses. Neither side was looking to see their fortunes improve or decrease with this game, and there would have probably been a LOT more fouls taking place if the Ref hadn’t moved in early and pre-emptively booted Bogoff, the Burners Professional Fouler, off the pitch. Bogoff filed a complaint claiming he was “just going to help that blitzer get back up” but if you believe that I have some real-estate in Tilea for you to look at.
Big Society Vs The Hutt
All I heard was that the Hutt got their revenge 2-1 for their humiliating defeat in the Championship Cup earlier. This loss most likely puts Big Society into the Shield, something I’m sure the OTHER Chaos Dwarf team, the Blackburners will be “pleased” to hear.
Meanwhile over in the Vase:
Things heated up as the Vixens pushed aside the Brewers in the semi. The Brewers were one of the teams that at the start of the Vase were one of the favourites but experience paid dividends and the Vixens pulled the win out of the bag.
Other firm favourites for the Vase -the Bloodjaws saw no sign of wavering. Dispatching the Paladins 2-0 with a cavalcade of casualties to go with it. Pallies did well but not well enough to get passed these orcs.
This leads us to a Vixens vs Bloodjaws final. Who will win this one? Would anyone bet against the Jaws? I don’t think so!
Over on the Challenge Cup meanwhile, after proving lightning doesn’t strike twice, the Black Towers beat the Comets 2-1 and progressed into the finals. Meanwhile Oxmoor put an end to Big Societies amazing luck at long last, booting them from the competition in a 2-1 win.
This means that we are now looking at an Undead – Chaos final between the Black Towers and the Oxmoor Savages. Who’s going to win? Black Towers took recent casualties, nothing too serious aside from the loss of a Wight, but the Oxmoor have finally put themselves back together since their drubbing from the Hutt and they look like they’re back on form. If the Towers hadn’t taken those casualties I’d have said them for sure, but their possible reduced numbers might be just be the thing that swings it Oxmoors way.
Quick Summary of Week 12
- 3 games in Semi Final – The Sly Sports Challenge Cup 2514/15
- 8 games in Cross Division – World Series 2514/15
- 31 Touchdowns scored
- 27 Casualties caused (5 resulted in Death)
- 24 Completions made
- 58,000 fans was the highest recorded attendance.
Match Results for Week 12
(numbers in brackets are the casualties caused by each team)
The Sly Sports Vase Championship 2514/15 – Semi Final
- The Brewers 1 (0) – 2 (2) Valhallen Vixen\’s (att 52,000)
- VAL: Inga, Olga
- BREW: Grolsch von Lager
- Black Mountain Bloodjaws 2 (4) – 1 (0) Carcassonne Province Paladins (att 58,000)
- CPP: Josephine La Pucelle d\\\’Montlac
- BMB: Korgak the Krazy (x2)
The Sly Sports Challenge Cup 2514/15 – Semi Final
- Slaaneshi Big Society 1 (1) – 2 (2) Oxmoor Savages (att 54,000)
- SBS: Reenu Kaves
- OXS: St Peter, Thames
World Series 2514/15 – Cross Division
- The Brewers 2 (1) – 2 (1) Valhallen Vixen\’s (att 27,000)
- VAL: Viktor (x2)
- BREW: Baron von Richtogen, Slack Bladder
- Temper Bay Marauders 2 (2) – 0 (0) Nordenringen Titans (att 35,000)
- TBM: Nagosh Tear\’hearts, Ueghor Ironjaw
- Blackburners 2 (2) – 2 (1) Darkfleet Assasins (att 28,000)
- BRS: Son of Stabbity, Dirk Hardcheese
- DFA: Skinflayer (x2)
- Mordheim Comets 2 (0) – 2 (2) Carcassonne Province Paladins (att 21,000)
- CPP: Tristan le Géant de Carcassone, Louie le Ponce
- MHC: Orz Blackpelt, Zaz Blueclaw
- Monster Mashers 0 (1) – 1 (1) Fairy Wizards Guild (att 23,000)
- FWG: Ezra Scariet
- Arkhan Black Towers 2 (3) – 1 (2) Oxmoor Savages (att 27,000)
- OXS: Pennington
- ABT: Gutwrencher (x2)
- Black Mountain Bloodjaws 2 (2) – 0 (0) Mycenaen Marauders (att 20,000)
- BMB: Hoknuk Helmsplitter (x2)
- Black Mountain Bloodjaws 1 (0) – 1 (0) Nordenringen Titans (att 16,000)
- NTN: Hazelton \”The Clencher\” Vidal
- BMB: Jughragh Skull Puncher
Obituaries for Week 12
- Doz One-Ear (Line Rat for Mordheim Comets): Killed by a Human. Only good rat is a dead one!
- Jaques le Stench (Linesman for Carcassonne Province Paladins): Killed in the semi-final. His demise came at a crustal turning point in the game.
- Silvious Soulreaper (Wight for Arkhan Black Towers): Killed in a bloodbath of a match!
- Osseus Vertebrae (Skeleton for Arkhan Black Towers): Killed in a bloodbath of a match!
- Bris Goat-boy (Zombie for Arkhan Black Towers): Killed in a bloodbath of a match! Unconfirmed reports are claiming that this match is the first ever chainsaw death in the leagues history! Where were the officials?
Player Statistics for the 2514/15 Season (Week 12)
|2||Ueghor Ironjaw||Blitzer||Temper Bay Marauders||39|
|3||Lhakhi Harsh-Foot||Chaos Dwarf Blocker||Ashut Titans||35|
|–||Ezra Scariet||Dark Elf Renegade||Fairy Wizards Guild||35|
|5||François de la Maine||Catcher||Carcassonne Province Paladins||33|
|6||Gutwrencher||Ghoul||Arkhan Black Towers||32|
|8||Prince Ehtar||Mummie||Arkhan Black Towers||28|
|9||Hagfang Skullbringer||Black Orc Blocker||Temper Bay Marauders||27|
|2||Gutwrencher||Ghoul||Arkhan Black Towers||9|
|3||Ueghor Ironjaw||Blitzer||Temper Bay Marauders||8|
|4||Corpsegrinder||Ghoul||Arkhan Black Towers||7|
|–||François de la Maine||Catcher||Carcassonne Province Paladins||7|
|–||Shurtrik Floor-Hugger||Hobgoblin||Ashut Titans||6|
|–||Orz Blackpelt||Gutter Runner||Mordheim Comets||6|
|–||Ezra Scariet||Dark Elf Renegade||Fairy Wizards Guild||6|
|10||Jorgan Heineken||Catcher||The Brewers||5|
|1||Lhakhi Harsh-Foot||Chaos Dwarf Blocker||Ashut Titans||10|
|2||Prince Ehtar||Mummie||Arkhan Black Towers||9|
|3||Kirkus||Snow Troll||Valhallen Vixen\’s||7|
|–||Zhuthark Blood-Nose||Chaos Dwarf Blocker||Ashut Titans||7|
|5||Hagfang Skullbringer||Black Orc Blocker||Temper Bay Marauders||6|
|6||Ueghor Ironjaw||Blitzer||Temper Bay Marauders||5|
|–||Fluffy||Minotaur||Slaaneshi Big Society||5|
|–||Silvious Soulreaper||Wight||Arkhan Black Towers||5|
|–||Kaine Soulshredder||Blitzer||Darkfleet Assasins||5|
|–||Korgak the Krazy||Blitzer||Black Mountain Bloodjaws||5|
|2||Émile De\’Manning||Thrower||Carcassonne Province Paladins||18|
|3||Morgrat Shadowthrow||Thrower||Temper Bay Marauders||9|
|4||Ludual Sharpfoot||Runner||Darkfleet Assasins||8|
|–||Ezra Scariet||Dark Elf Renegade||Fairy Wizards Guild||7|
|7||Blunderbuss Bironas||Thrower||Nordenringen Titans||6|
|8||Izzies Ed\’ard||Beastman||Slaaneshi Big Society||5|
|–||Jager von Meister||Thrower||The Brewers||4|
|1||Blewit Smite||Chaos Warrior||Slaaneshi Big Society||1|
|–||François de la Maine||Catcher||Carcassonne Province Paladins||1|
|–||Master Purehit-O||Minotaur||Fairy Wizards Guild||1|
|–||Friar Rempli||Linesman||Carcassonne Province Paladins||1|