This Team was part of the league under a previous ruleset.
The City of Akumal had long been a famous sporting city, having a strong history in the Lustrian Pok-a-tok League (L.P.L). The Akumal Rainmakers were multiple time league champions, and had established something of a dynasty, winning the last four consecutive titles. However, amidst rumours of scandal, corruption and cheating on both sides, a colossal falling out between the franchise and the L.P.L Association led to the team’s expulsion from the competition for the next 5 seasons. Starved of the sporting success fans were used to enjoying, the city’s priests faced something of a rebellion. Gazing into the stars to divine an answer, The Mage Priests sought guidance from the Star Gods. Eventually, a young, and undersized, priest named Hun-zan let out a large kroak in answer: Blood Bowl! The reward for his inspirational idea? Being appointed Head Coach!
With little idea of what they are doing, The Rainmakers seem destined to fail. However, drawing on their Pok-a-tok experiences, will they be able to bring a new brand of Blood Bowl to the competition. A particular coup by Hun-zan was his foray into the free agency market, where the team was able to bring in several experienced Bloodbowl players to help with the imminent transition, adding valuable experience to his side ahead of their rookie season. The biggest question the fans have, however, is who will step up and “make the leap” this season…?
Buoyed with success in free agency, an endorsement deal with Croak-a-Cola has seen the team’s stock rise even further. Will The Rainmakers succeed? Only time will tell- It is already written in the stars- All the team can do is play!
Career Statistics for Akumal City Rainmakers
- P: Number of games Played
- TF: Number of Touchdowns scored by the team
- TA: Number of Touchdowns scored against the team
- CF: Number of casulties caused by the team
- CA: Number of casulties the team has suffered
- %: Teams win percentage (including Draws)
Performance by Season
Performance by Championship Cup
|The HDWSBBL Challenge Cup||4||1||1||2||6||5||4||4||8||0||25|
Performance by Competition
|Chanelf Challenge Cup 2519||4||1||1||2||6||5||4||4||8||0||25|
- #2 - Mictlantecuhtli - Linefrog (80,000gp)
- #3 - Xheel Xchek - Linefrog (80,000gp)
- #4 - Huani - Catcher (100,000gp)
- #5 - Chacaerulea - Linefrog (100,000gp)
- #6 - Oaxacun (Captain) - Blitzer (130,000gp)
- #7 - Kukulcun - Blitzer (130,000gp)
- #9 - Yaotl - Linefrog (60,000gp)
- #10 - Xapec - Linefrog (80,000gp)
- #13 - Ta'kah - Linefrog (60,000gp)
- #14 - Itotia - Catcher (80,000gp)
- #15 - Huchi - Linefrog (60,000gp)
This team has hired or sold at least one player. Below is the teams transfer history:
- Chacaerulea hired from The Tlaqua Spacehoppers for 60,000GP - 2519/20 Season
- Xheel Xchek hired from Teotigua Flying Frogs for 60,000GP - 2519/20 Season
- Mictlantecuhtli hired from Lustria Leapers for 60,000GP - 2519/20 Season
|11.07.19||Gaen Vale Stags||1||2||0||2||9,000||1,220,000||L|
|Never, ever leap!|
|We didn\'t draw, our streak is broken!|
|20.06.19||The Tlaqua Spacehoppers||2||2||1||0||9,000||1,150,000||D|
|Can you submarine from two draws?|
|He touched me...then I touched him...so it was probably all ok...|
Awards list in full
This team has not any awards as of yet.