The Riverside Rainbows
After years of watching the HDWSBBL Bob Hopeless had always dreamed of running his own blood bowl team and rise to glory like the great teams who have played in the league, however being only of 3′ 4″ in total height most people use him as a footstool or a bar table. After years of being mocked he heard about a famous chap who had came into a lot of money which he was using to buy teams in the HDWSBBL.
Bob could see it now, all he had to go was go to this chap, talk him over to helping him become coach of a famous team and all his dreams and aspirations would come true, instead of him being the home furniture it would be others who would be his. A fire burned in his eyes and he headed off to the office and headquarters of the famous millionaire Harthur Daily. Funnily enough Bob had never actually seen Harthur on Sly Sports nor in magazines, he had only heard about him down the local pub, so to his shock and surprise he couldn’t believe it when he came face to face with the most famous man in the HDWSBBL was indeed a fellow Halfling.
“Now” said Harther, “What can I do for you?, I’m bloody busy as it is!”. Bob told Harther of his desire and lifelong dream. He did waffle on for much longer than Harther had wished for so with a sudden raise of halt to Bob to shut his mouth Harther gave him this response…..”Get Out you bloody good for nothing bum! What am I a bleeding charity?! Show the way out yourself and don’t let the F@*&ing door hit you on the way out!”
Down in the dumps Bob sat on his armchair at home for days, maybe weeks not uttering a word or even stuffing himself full of treats. Then a sudden banging came at his door and a letter fell through the letter box. Bob rushed and picked it up, he couldn’t believe it! it was from Harther Daily! He ripped open the letter and this was what followed:
Dear Blob, I must apologise for my rudeness in our meeting a few days ago. Some business opportunity were on the line and I had to bust my ass to get them through. So I considered your situation and have decided the following, you have no real experience in Blood Bowl other than the Sunday leagues which is nothing compared to the big leagues or the HDWSBBL at that matter. But luck would have it I do have a chance for you to prove yourself. The coach for the Riverside Rainbows, Doug McLongjogging sadly and brutishly cut his head off whilst combing his hair, and therefore I require an immediate replacement and have thought of you. They are a very green team which I brought out for a bet but I think they could churn me a great deal of money. So take the role and prove your worth, perhaps I may even promote you if this job goes well. Come by the ground as soon as you can. Yours Harther Daily, CEO.
Bob couldn’t believe his eyes, he dashed and packed his bag as soon as he could cramming all his play books and how to play books while getting his playing gear in as well. Dashing down to the ground he soon met up with Harther and the rest of the team ready to great their new head coach. “Now Blob, meet the Rainbows, they are prepared to give you a chance to prove your salt and show you a thing or two about how Halflings really play blood bowl!” Bob’s head dropped and he thought to himself, “He never said they were Halflings……”.
- Played in the 2513/14 Season.
- Participated in the World Series 2513/14 competitions.
- Missed out on the playoff’s by two touchdowns.
- Were runners-up in the Squitters Cup.
Notable Achievements (Which are not listed in Awards)
- Biggest Victory is 2-1 (4-1) against the Nordenringen Titans in the Squitters Cup Semi-Final match.
- Biggest Defeat is 4-1 (1-3) against Arcani’s All Sparks in a league match.
- Traditionally they like to dine on their opponents (not humankind of course!) but only if they kill them on the pitch, and it’s normally a stew of some kind.
- Ranked number #1 Halfling team.
- Spike Magazine Rating: 157pts (End of 2513/14 Season).
Career Statistics for The Riverside Rainbows
|The Riverside Rainbows||12||4||6||2||13||20||26||29||0||2||33|
- P: Number of games Played
- TF: Number of Touchdowns scored by the team
- TA: Number of Touchdowns scored against the team
- CF: Number of casulties caused by the team
- CA: Number of casulties the team has suffered
- %: Teams win percentage (including Draws)
Performance by Season
Performance by Competition
|World Series 2513/14||10||3||5||2||9||17||18||25||0||2||30|
- #1 - Brightbriar - Treeman (140,000gp)
- #2 - Brightash - Treeman (160,000gp)
- #3 - Roland Sliversun - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #4 - Bertolf Ockmann - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #5 - Bowman Brunch - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #6 - Basco Headpatch (Captain) - Halfling Hopeful (70,000gp)
- #7 - Godebert Siegel - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #8 - Droggo Cuppins - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #9 - Sabs Stoatfree - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #10 - Josie Pellen - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #11 - Dirk Faust - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #12 - Camellio Merribuck - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #3 - Pendry Silversun - Halfling Hopeful (50,000gp)
- #4 - Popin Rudebeam - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #5 - Birlow Gatherlady - Halfling Hopeful (50,000gp)
- #7 - Modo Berrysly - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #7 - Blanca Muffins - Halfling Hopeful (50,000gp)
- #7 - Foda Merribuck - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #8 - Arry Baghoney - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #10 - Bebs Dirtfellow - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #10 - Balba Brunch - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #11 - Pammo Fallolow - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #12 - Pirv Headcotton - Halfling Hopeful (30,000gp)
- #13 - Poppy Cuppins - Mercenary (60,000gp)
Star Players hired
|06.03.14||Har Ganeth Heartbreakers||2||3||4||3||20,000||800,000||L|
|A tough match which we could of nearly pushed into overtime. We had a great run in the league claiming a few big scalps along the way and we did very well to get this far in the Shield. Kudos to the Heartbreakers, they did indeed break ours.|
|What a win! Those guys just didn\'t want to come near us!! What is up with that? Morg helped us a lot, he\'s really turning into a team player for us and hopefully we may be able to hire him next game. Well feast first then plans later! FLINGS WIN!!!!|
|06.02.14||Arcani’s All Sparks||1||4||1||3||14,000||740,000||L|
|Well that could of been worse....and it was. A terrible defeat and hard to take in. We have been strong this season but we failed at the last hurdle and missed the play-offs by a small margin. Lets see how the shield goes, who knows perhaps we may claim some glory back...|
|Well what a bloody close game, we almost scalped a few head but they were too bloody tough. I would of taken a draw but it just didn\'t go our way today. A few tears over the mean would not be an uncommon sight after that match.|
|16.01.14||The Tlaqua Spacehoppers||2||0||0||0||0||730,000||W|
|09.01.14||Karond Kar Oblivion||1||1||3||4||9,000||700,000||D|
|Another storming victory since draws in my eyes and the bosses eyes are victories! We will be dining well tonight on fresh pork. Frogs next and my favourite exotic food to eat, lets hope we cap a few for the post match feast! Onwards!!!!|
|Well we expected that against bloody Elves. Tried to claim another giant killing scalp but it wasn\'t today, Still we have bigger fish to fry, and by fish I mean the haddock I caught this morning. So if you don\'t mind....thanks...|
|And the flings go marching on! What a result! To beat the NWC Champions and Super-Bowl runners up, this is what dreams are made of. We will dine very well tonight! Great work from the team.|
|31.10.13||Gog Magog Gladiators||1||1||5||4||9,000||690,000||D|
|Another brilliant match and we didn\'t loose either! That\'s a streak of 2!!!! The boss will be happy with this, and as a thanks to the team we will have pork tonight!......No one died either!!! What a day.|
|10.10.13||Sect of Temptation||2||1||1||3||6,000||630,000||W|
|What a victory! Everyone played their part even the wizard and the two guys who sadly died. But on the plus side we have finally got some points and we will be feasting very well tonight! Bring on the Ale!!!!!!|
|Well blow me, that was a bit of a lucky escape from those sharp evil gits! But even with our tooled up front line we couldn\'t do much. Hopefully our luck will pick up soon! Plus we almost had fried chicken for supper!|
|19.09.13||Teotigua Flying Frogs||0||3||0||0||11,000||660,000||L|
|To be honest it could of been worse. Came close to our first touchdown but we fucked it up...Oh well... The only thing going well is the post match meal and the endless supply of players we have. Bring on Chaos!|
Awards list in full
Awards from Competitions
|Most CAS||Squitters Cup||8|